Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
heff  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:35:36 PM(UTC)
heff

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I am having a problem accessing the ice/water solenoid in my Ge fridge model - GSL25JFTC BS. I removed the control panel, disconnected the electrical connectors and took out the four screws on the dispenser housing shield (part number: WR17X12152) but the shield wont come off. Everywhere I look online, I read that this shield should come out easily once the 4 screws have been removed. It feels as if there is another screw holding the bottom right of the shield in place (back by the light bulb socket) any suggestions?
Thanks!
Heff

This is the instructions I followed but the shield doesn't slide out easily as described: ice maker - crushed ice only - no cubes
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.