Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tfrazier  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:55:43 PM(UTC)
tfrazier

Groups: Registered

This one may has got me stumpped.
I have an older Sub Zero, model 532 and the ice maker is acting up.

A bit of history. The refrigerator went unused for approx. 8 months, although we left it plugged in and running the whole time we were gone. When we returned, everything appeared to be working fine.

When we stopped using it the ice maker was working and the ice container was full of ice. Everything else was removed from the refrigerator.

Fast forward. We came back from our extended trip, replinished the refrigerator and went about our business. I immediately noticed that the ice maker was no longer producing ice. This was about a month ago.

I haven't gotten around to getting a service tech out to look at it so I have just been filling up the ice bin with store bought ice. I then noticed that when the ice bin gets about 1/3 to 1/2 empty, the ice maker will cycle and produce a small amount of ice. But it will only do so once. I continue to use the ice in the bin until it is empty, then replace it with a new bag of ice and it does the same thing. I keep thinking that something is stuck and it will work its way loose but this has happeded 5 or 6 times now and it is always the same.

Can anyone give some advice on what I can do get the ice maker back to normal?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.