Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dyp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:17:55 PM(UTC)
Dyp

Groups: Registered

There are number of posts reporting similar issue but I can't seem to find a conclusive answer so posting what I am experiencing.

Few months back, water dispenser started acting up. It would flow strong for first few seconds and then start flowing very slowly. I thought it was the filter so replaced it with a new GE MWF filter. No improvement.

If I replace the filter with the bypass plug, water flows strong as expected. This leads me to believe there are no issues in the water line before or after the filter.

Also, the water tank behind the crisper is clean and is properly shielded.

So if the filter is not the issue and the water lines are fine, what could be causing the water to dispense so slowly?

Only thing I can come up is potentially a problem with the fitting assembly where the filter gets screwed in. I've physically inspected it and didn't see anything obvious. It this possible?

Can anyone suggest anything else more definitive that could be causing my water dispenser to flow slowly with the fiter installed but at full flow with a bypass plug?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tucker03811  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:46:36 PM(UTC)
tucker03811

We are having the same issue with our GE profile fridge # pfss6pkwbss. We have tried several new GE filters with no luck. Our ice maker also stopped working. We are waiting for the delivery of a bypass plug to see if the water flows stronger with it. We have checked the water lines and all is fine. I was wondering if you had any update on your fridge.

TIA!
Dyp  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:56:29 PM(UTC)
Dyp

Originally Posted by: tucker03811 Go to Quoted Post
We are having the same issue with our GE profile fridge # pfss6pkwbss. We have tried several new GE filters with no luck. Our ice maker also stopped working. We are waiting for the delivery of a bypass plug to see if the water flows stronger with it. We have checked the water lines and all is fine. I was wondering if you had any update on your fridge.

TIA!

We recently had a GE repairman who was at our house to work on our washing machine due to a factory recall. We took advantage of that situation and asked him about our fridge.

He said he's seen this before and that the housing where the filter goes into will need to be replaced. The part costs about $175 and seems fairly easy to replace. I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.
Dyp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:15:36 PM(UTC)
Dyp

Originally Posted by: tucker03811 Go to Quoted Post

TIA!

We recently had a GE repairman who was at our house to work on our washing machine due to a factory recall. We took advantage of that situation and asked him about our fridge.

He said he's seen this before and that the housing where the filter goes into will need to be replaced. The part costs about $175 and seems fairly easy to replace. I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply