Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nsamdani  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:50:18 AM(UTC)
nsamdani

Groups: Registered

First the fridge stops cooling. Lights come on but does not cool. I also noticed on the old bard that there was slight dis-coloration on one of the resistors. I replaced the main board and evaporator fan. Powered it up and it starts cooling. Then I noticed that the condenser fan is not running. I disconnected the fan and took voltage readings. About 13V from the board. Maybe the original problem was the condenser fan, so I disconnect the condenser fan and put a small fan to cool the coils. After replacing the board, the condenser has not stopped even once. The evap fan is running fine, though stays on when I open the door. Seems to be running on full speed. Left it to run overnight. In the morning condenser and evap fan is still running. Removed the panel on freezer side and observed that the coils had frost on them though only towards the bottom.

What could be wrong?

Help appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.