Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bdale02m  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:55:11 PM(UTC)
bdale02m

Groups: Registered

I have a GE fridge with a samsung imc701 ice maker. The icemaker began having problems clearing ice, and I bought a new replacement of the same model. After installing it, it only made 1 or 2 batches of ice and then quit working completely. After reading a service bulletin and several recommendations on forums, i bought a replacement power board. After hooking everything up, I'm getting little to no activity from the ice maker. The temp inside the ice maker is below 15 F, I've checked the fill tube for at least an inch or two for blockage. I am getting an occasional loud knock that sounds like a solenoid closing, but i don't hear any water running into the trays. Running a test cycle produces no results. Additionally, running the onboard diagnostics only produces a fault for a freezer defrost sensor. I wouldn't think that would keep the ice maker from producing ice. I'm at a loss on how to proceed short of calling in a repair tech.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 3:17:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Where did you buy the new parts? What are the part numbers of the new ice maker and the control board?

Gene.
bdale02m  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 3:44:56 PM(UTC)
bdale02m

The power board was from appliance parts pros and was part number wr55x10764. The ice maker assembly was a Samsung imc 701 from ****************************. Both looked brand new and fit without trouble.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 4:04:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sorry for the delay.

Per the model number you posted and the service bulletin (attached to the reply) you have to replace the main control board. Instead you replaced the ice maker board.

- The main circuit board Part number: WR55X10763
Part number: WR55X10763

- The ice maker Part number: WR30X10097
Part number: WR30X10097

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
bdale02m  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 5:40:18 PM(UTC)
bdale02m

Thanks Gene, I'll check the mainboard software code to make sure it matches the bulletin, then I'll order a new board.
bdale02m  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:50:03 AM(UTC)
bdale02m

According to the service bulletin that you sent, if the software version is less than 4.02 on the left processor then it needs to be replaced. The picture that they show has the processor circled, mine is 4.02 which means I shouldn't need to replace it. Is that the correct processor circled in the bulletin. I've included a picture of my main board. Could you look at it and see if I need to replace it? It appears to me that I don't need to replace it. If that's true I'm back to square one.
bdale02m attached the following image(s):
Unsaved Preview Document.jpg
Gene  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:49:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

It would not hurt to order the new main circuit board and give it a try. If it would not fix the problem you can return it back to APP.

Gene.
P.S. What is the manufacturing date of the ice maker you purchased?
bdale02m  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:28:29 PM(UTC)
bdale02m

It was manufactured 5/16/2012. My dryer just quit working this week also. I don't have the time or energy to tackle both of them right now, so since i'll already be paying for a service call, I'm going to have them look at both of them. I'll let you know what they diagnose. I appreciate your help.
AMG1978  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:50:10 PM(UTC)
AMG1978

resurrecting an old 2012 thread, but I am looking for help and think this is right up my alley.

I have a pfss6pkxbss that I got in late 2009. I have replaced the ice maker twice with the second time being about 30 minutes ago. I guess tomorrow I'll see if I have a lot of ice or not. But it WAS making some ice, just in 2 days it wouldnt fill up the entire tray, kind of slow... So the new one is 2015-05-20.

My question is this: My main board shows OE PROFILE LED Load Rev 2.02 and also OE PROFILE LED Main Rev 2.10.

The PDF that you see above shows software rev less than v4.02 needing replacement, but also discusses serial numbers between certain stuff, and mine is AFTER the s/n listed. So I am wondering if this thing is even correct about the board? Maybe I call GE?
AMG1978 attached the following image(s):
111.jpg
222.jpg
333.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply