Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
YVR Dragon  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:46:01 AM(UTC)
YVR Dragon

Groups: Registered

The temp. in my GE freezer will vary between 0 (the set temp) and as high as 32. The fridge temp stays pretty close to 37 while this is happening. When the temp is rising, I can hear a relay clicking every few minutes. The motherboard was replaced 3 years ago due to no cooling at all.
I disconnected the wiring that goes to the defrost heater and thermostat yesterday, and the freezer cooled down to 0, and was holding fine, however, this morning it was at 47, and is now beginning to cool again.
What controls the defrost cycle? is it time for another new motherboard, or do I just junk the whole unit?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

RobertSD  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 7:30:42 PM(UTC)
RobertSD

Groups: Registered

Without seeing the wiring diagram for your unit, I can tell you the majority of these are operated from the Main Control board, the thermister in the freezer evaporator monitors the temperature to terminate that defrost cycle. Disconnecting the wire to the heater only keeps the heater from coming on, however the defrost cycle is still initiated and the compressor is off during this time.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 2:40:03 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the evaporator motor keeps running when the temperature rises, you most probably have bad solder connections on the back of the motherboard AP4436216
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply