Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Custom988  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 1:40:32 PM(UTC)
Custom988

Groups: Registered

Installed new water actuator and while doing so the ribbon cable slipped out of power board. When cable is reinstalled ice auger comes on and will not shut off until ribbon is removed out of board. I disconnected the ice micro switch and reinstalled the ribbon with the same results, ice auger runs constantly. Ribbon seems to be okay and checked continuity from end to end of ribbon.I have read several forums regarding this issue ,but none seem to match exactly. From what I have read I am thinking the control board but with the expense of the board would like to have some assurance this is the issue. Thanks for your help. Wayne
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PIPES70  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 6:10:16 PM(UTC)
PIPES70

Originally Posted by: Custom988 Go to Quoted Post
Installed new water actuator and while doing so the ribbon cable slipped out of power board. When cable is reinstalled ice auger comes on and will not shut off until ribbon is removed out of board. I disconnected the ice micro switch and reinstalled the ribbon with the same results, ice auger runs constantly. Ribbon seems to be okay and checked continuity from end to end of ribbon.I have read several forums regarding this issue ,but none seem to match exactly. From what I have read I am thinking the control board but with the expense of the board would like to have some assurance this is the issue. Thanks for your help. Wayne

I am having the same problem, what was the solution?
Larry9991  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:03:42 AM(UTC)
Larry9991

does anyone have a solution to this problem. I too replaced the ice and water actuators and now when i plug the ribbon in to the front pannel the auger runs continuousely. I have found postings of people having the same problem but i have not seen any solutions:(
BruceBak  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:38:16 AM(UTC)
BruceBak

I am interested to know what is causing this and how to fix.
The same thing happened to me when I replaced the Ice actuator on a frigidaire frs23hf5a.
HumboldtRepairMan  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:06:17 AM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

First and foremost did you guys unplug the refrigerator when doing this? Also some fridgedaire parts manufactures have conflicting hardware that are made by 2 manufactures and are identical parts but won't operate together. This is common in fridgedaire dishwashers where the main board doesn't always work with the touchpad because it's made by different manufactures even though it's the same part number made for the same machine etc etc but doesn't necessarily mean they will work together.
mzuzel  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 8:43:01 AM(UTC)
mzuzel

While replacing the water dispensing tube, the ribbon cable slipped out of the front frame of the water/ice dispenser. I had turned off the power at the frig/freezer's "on/off" switch but learned that this DOES NOT kill all of the power. When initially attempting to reattach the ribbon cable, experienced some arcing. Then I shut power off at the electrical panel and attached the cable.

The ice/water dispenser worked fine for a couple days but then when getting ice on third day, the auger would not shut off. Checked actuator switch and cable connections but problem persists. Suspect that one of the two printed circuit boards may have a problem (button board on ice/water dispenser frame or board above the ice chute and water dispensing line).

Any diagnostic help in determining which board is the problem? And, secondly any diagnostic help in isolating which board component may be bad? I checked the auger relay on the board with buttons and it checked OK. The MOC driver next to the relay could be suspect, but no way of checking and without a board circuit diagram, I can't tell how many other components may be involved.

Refrigerator is Frigidaire M# PLHS69EESS2 S# 4A5470726.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply