Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
string75  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 9:05:39 AM(UTC)
string75

Groups: Registered

This fridge has me really stumped. My original problem was that the space separating the doors was getting super hot. I unplugged the fridge and called a repair shop. The technician indicated that I needed a new inverter box (part #36). I replaced the inverter box, only to discover that the condenser fan had stopped working. The odd part is that when I plugged the unit back in after replacing the box, the fan was spinning just fine - it stopped after I had gone away to let the fridge cool.

I then assumed that it was the condenser fan all along and that perhaps the failing fan motor burnt out the inverter box. I just replaced the fan motor last night (part #24), plugged the unit in, saw the fan was spinning spectacularly, promptly congratulated myself and sat down to watch preseason football while the fridge cooled. About 15 minutes later, I checked on the patient, only to find that the fan had stopped spinning again and the center portion between the doors was on fire again!!!:mad:

Can someone help me solve this mystery? I'm about $300 bucks into this thing and deeply confused. I'm really hoping this is not an Electronic Control Board issue - this is a very expensive part...Thank you!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 1:16:16 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Sims that you are out of luck. You need to replace the motor together with the relay board located in the corner next to the inverter. But it's not in stock and it's a factory back order.
The control board Part number: W10219463
Part number: W10219463

Thank you.

Simon.
string75  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 1:46:36 PM(UTC)
string75

Ugh...thank you Simon. I'll order the part and do the repair...
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 9:17:36 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Keep us posted.

Simon.
string75  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:41:17 PM(UTC)
string75

Hey Simon -

The control board arrived today and I installed it. Everything seems to be working great and the unit is cooling down to the temperatures we set. The center divider between fridge and the freezer is still quite hot to the touch (this was the first problem we encountered), but I'm thinking this is because the unit is expelling a lot of warmer air to get down to the proper temperature. I believe the function of this divider is to shed excess heat correct?

The condenser fan is also working fine now. I'll post again once the unit gets to 0 degrees / 37 degrees regarding the center divider. By the way I've replaced the following parts so far: 1) Inverter Box (part #36), 2) Condenser fan motor and blade (part #'s 24 & 2) and 3) the electronic control board (part #19).
string75  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:18:42 PM(UTC)
string75

Total victory - the fridge is fixed. Center divider is no longer super-hot to the touch and the fridge is maintaining 0 / 37 degrees. Thank you much Simon!!
Simon / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 11:20:26 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are very welcome.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply