Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rdeal  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:05:49 PM(UTC)
Rdeal

Groups: Registered

The digital display on my Whirlpool frig is stuck in one position. The lights and temp display are on but I cannot switch from water to ice - it's stuck on ice. I ordered the part below but cannot figure out how to install it! Any help would be appreciated.

< Back to Results UserPostedImage div#boxclose{position:absolute; margin-top:88px; margin-left:325px; z-index:100;}div#rounded{margin-top:100px; margin-left:100px; width:240px; background: #f8e45a; position:absolute; opacity:.9; filter: alpha(opacity = 90);}b.rtop, b.rbottom{display:block;background: #FFF}b.rtop b, b.rbottom b{display:block;height: 1px;overflow: hidden; background: #f8e45a}b.r1{margin: 0 5px}b.r2{margin: 0 3px}b.r3{margin: 0 2px}b.rtop b.r4, b.rbottom b.r4{margin: 0 1px;height: 2px}
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage Different views available:

.transparent { width: 100%; -ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=50)"; filter: alpha(opacity=50); -moz-opacity:0.5; -khtml-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; }
.transparent { width: 100%; -ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=50)"; filter: alpha(opacity=50); -moz-opacity:0.5; -khtml-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; }
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MayTech  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 9:11:22 PM(UTC)
MayTech

you'll need a heat gun or a pretty decent hair dryer, heat the old one up until the glue gets soft, use a very small flat blade screw driver or knife and start peeling up, eventually it will all come off, after that make sure you get the surface as clean as possible, any dirt or moisture (or old glue) behind the new membrane will shorten its life. Double/triple test fit the new one, remove the backing and tape the new one on.

good luck hope this helped.
Rdeal  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 7:32:19 AM(UTC)
Rdeal

Thank you, I will do that. My problem is actually being able to get to the overlay panel itself. When I pull the panel off of the door, there is no way to get to the touch pad without breaking the plastic piece holding it in. Any trick to get that off? I attached a picture of the back of the panel if that will help. Thank you.
Rdeal attached the following image(s):
IMG_0375[1].jpg
MayTech  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:25:34 PM(UTC)
MayTech

I guess i'm confused about what "plastic part" you're referring to.. the overlay (membrane) is double sided taped to the housing... the housing is all one piece and cannot be disassembled any more. Once you pull the membrane off following the instructions i gave you in my other post the ribbon cable will come out..
Rdeal  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 9:26:56 AM(UTC)
Rdeal

The picture I sent is of the back of the housing that looks like it should come out in order to remove the touchpad - but it doesn't. Are you saying that I remove the overlay (touchpad) from the front of the housing?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply