Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dyoniasis  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:59:02 PM(UTC)
dyoniasis

Groups: Registered

See Post below
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dyoniasis  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:20:32 AM(UTC)
dyoniasis

I am looking for a EBG44308702 TSD strat/run relay. The part was replaced with part # EBG44308703. Both parts are no longer available. I need a comparable TSD/Run start relay that will work.
denman  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 12:32:39 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Have you tried calling the folks at AppliancePartsPros?

I cannot find any info on the part numbers you list.
In fact the numbers do not look like the LG part numbers that come up for your unit which are 4 digits, a dash and then 4 more digits.

Anyways I looked up your unit's parts (see below) it did not even show a TSD/Run start relay. At least I could not find one. It should have been in Section 1.
Replacement parts for LMX25981ST models | AppliancePartsPros.com

So then I looked up what units the compressor is used in and it is also used in a LMX25981SW. This unit does show a PTC (Item 303B in Section 1).
Replacement parts for LG LMX25981SW Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

I an m noty sure if this is the correct part but may be worth a try if all else fails.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dyoniasis  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 2:01:40 PM(UTC)
dyoniasis

It is the correct part number. http://www.appliancepartspros.c...el.aspx?model_id=5520340 It is listed on the last two prints on Appliancepartpros. There are six versions of this frig. I have contacted mcm the authorized seller of the part and it is no longer available. I have contacted embraco the mfg of the part and the stated that it is no longer available and to contact LG. I have contacted all the authorized repair shops in MN for the part and both can not get the part either due to its discontinuance; they stated that there is no replacement and the work arounds they were using/tried have all failed on multiple units. So I basically have a 2 year old $2600 brick in the kitchen. I have also contacted LG support and have not gotten a response in 9 days. The hyphenated part numbers are for the older versions of this model that utilize the PTC relay. I also have contacted appliance pros, dey dist., and about a dozen more. I may make an attempt with an EBG31940234 which is used on the Kenmores that utilize this same compressor TCA 32194301. There is an issue with installing the EBG31940234 because there is no way to install the capicitor- so I can a. jumper in the capitor or b. run without. I dont know what either will do-nothing, work, work but hose the board. Short of installing a 3 in 1 to solve the issue; which may also cause issues to the board.
john55709  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:46:36 PM(UTC)
john55709

ran into the same problem... what did you end up doing? PLEASE dont tell me my refrig is garbage:(
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply