Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bh758  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 5:33:14 AM(UTC)
bh758

Groups: Registered

Two nights ago here in St. Louis, we had a good lighting storm go through. Lighting struck close to my house. I have a Frigidaire upright freezer, LFFU14F5HW and the exterior LED display/control and interior light (when the door opens) has quit working. However, if I plug it in, the compressor kicks in and it is cooling (continuously, like it has nothing telling it to stop when it hits temp).

I am guessing my LED display/controls/control board piece got hit by some Electro Static Discharge (ESD), therefore I am assuming I need a new LED display/controls/control board piece, AP5318915. Is this a correct assumption with the given symptoms above? If so, is it easy to snap in and out?

It is ok to leave it cooling continuously until the part arrives (once I order it after getting confirmation of my problem)? I am guessing probably not, so I have been plugging it for 45-60 min every 8 hrs or so. Is this ok? It is pretty full and so I think it would take much longer to start really thawing.

Any information anyone could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bh758  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:29:42 AM(UTC)
bh758

So I plugged it in last night to run it for a while and the controls came back on and upon opening, the interior light works again too, however it is still running continuously. Still thinking it might be the control board, is this correct?

I am surprised no one has replied to this as I have pretty much laid it all out. Is it really that hard? Am I not describing something correctly? Whats the deal?

Thanks!
candy63  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:27:01 AM(UTC)
candy63

In Response To Bh758 & His Posted Inquiry, I Too Am Having An Issue W/ The Above Topic. I Don't Believe Mine Is/was From An Electrical Storm. Mine Is Set To A Number For Control & About 1 & 1/2 Months Ago, It Started To Lose Its Controlled Setting. It Was To A Point Where The Actual Number Was Not Appearing, Some Different 'design' Would Be In Its Place. I Would 'flip' The Circuit Breaker & It Would Reset. Now, On Today's Date Of 6sept12, I've A Dash Mark @ The Very Bottom Of The Panel Screen That Looks Like The Mark On The Number 5. I've 'flipped' The Circuit Breaker (several Times) & Still The Same Results, However, The Inside Is Still Cold. Frigidaire.com Is Of No Assistance.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 12:15:08 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Most likely the control board should be replaced. Unplug the unit before puling out the control.

Control board Part number: 297370600
Part number: 297370600

Simon.
candy63  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 3:34:41 PM(UTC)
candy63

Simon:

Thank You, I'll Try This!
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 9:08:07 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are welcome.

Simon.
candy63  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:52:04 AM(UTC)
candy63

Simon: I've received my new (replacement) control board (11SEPT12) & I'm not detecting any issues. Thank You so much!
Simon / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:56:08 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are welcome.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply