Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeff Crawford  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2012 7:54:05 AM(UTC)
Jeff Crawford

Groups: Registered

We have a Kemore refrigerator model number 106.53662300. The icemaker will make ice but it doesn't consistently dump the cubes. I removed the icemaker last evening and saw no broken pieces. I reinstalled it and it made 2 rounds of ice just fine and the stopped. The fingers are in the up forward position which is where we were told they should be.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:31:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Jeff,

There are two optic boards on both sides of the freezer liner. Make sure the lenses are clean and there is nothing blocks the optic beam.

If it would not help, close the flipper door on the left side and watch the status of the LED on the right side. Post the results.

Gene.
Jeff Crawford  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2012 2:34:04 PM(UTC)
Jeff Crawford

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Jeff,

There are two optic boards on both sides of the freezer liner. Make sure the lenses are clean and there is nothing blocks the optic beam.

If it would not help, close the flipper door on the left side and watch the status of the LED on the right side. Post the results.

Gene.

Gene,

I removed the icemaker yesterday and thought maybe there was some water getting in the shaft and freezing. As I was getting ready to re-install it, I noticed a small plastic piece that appears to have broken off the end ot the shaft. I tried to super glue it back on just to see if it works. As far as the optic sensor, it flashes twice then pauses and then flashes twice again etc. When I held in the flipper door and the door closing button, all lights went off. I held them in for about 2 minutes and nothing happened so I closed it back up. The freezer is on so I didn't want to leave it open too long especially since I found the broken plastic piece. I guess we will wait and see what happens. Thankyou very much for your reply. I'll keep you posted.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2012 3:18:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Jeff Crawford Go to Quoted Post
...When I held in the flipper door and the door closing button...

Jeff,

Why did you do it with this button (door light switch)? I asked you to close the flipper door only. Pushing in the door switch turns off all lights including the LED.

Gene.
P.S. Which part did you call "shaft"?
Jeff Crawford  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:02:02 AM(UTC)
Jeff Crawford

I guess I thought I needed to push the other one in also. It doesn't really matter. After replacing the icemaker, it rotated the fingers to the correct position, filled with water and made ice. The only thing it didn't do was dump the ice. I call the shaft the part the fingers rotate on. However I did notice last night that the piece that was broken fits into the gear on the end.
It is almost like the ice is being made just fine but it is so frozen that it cannot be ejected.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 2:04:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Jeff,

The problem can be a broken arm, a bad mold heater or a bad thermostat. I would recommend to replace the whole ice maker because of low success rate on ice maker repairs.

- The ice maker Part number: 2198597
Part number: 2198597

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply