Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crmichaels  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2012 8:15:24 AM(UTC)
crmichaels

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Profile PFS22SISBSS... bottom freezer.

So I installed a new control board and the new fan motor on Saturday. Installed everything without issue. Fan is running as it should be. However, in the instructions for the control board, it refers to the lower panel of the frig where the compressor is and that for ALL "bottom freezers" and those with a certain serial number set, that the green wire coming from the power cord/supply be cut. I find this odd, as it's simply a ground. In the photo they show a green wire running from the power cord to the connector. In my frig the green also has a yellow stripe which runs to the frame of the frig as a ground, then back up to the connector and then back down to the other component next to the compressor.

End result, she was running for about 3 hours and blowing only very mildly cool to warm air. Compressor was hot and everything else seems to be running fine. I set it to turbo cool also and nothing. The freezer and the frig area both remained in the 80 degree range.

Thoughts? Something else that needs to be replaced or checked? The Green Wire?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.