Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shuckapeafarms  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:47:29 PM(UTC)
Shuckapeafarms

Groups: Registered

Bought this new somewhere around 2002-2003. Worked fine but only used it about 6-12 months then placed in storage fall of 2003.
In 2010 I bought a new home and put this fridge in my garage as the home came with appliances. I cleaned it inside and out including underneath. Plugged it in and it ran perfect for about 2 months. I smelled a foul order coming from my garage and realized the breaker had tripped in the garage. Reset the breaker and plugged the fridge back in. Now it gets cold in the freezer but won't freeze and cool in the fridge. Can't hear or see the evaporator fan running. Also noticed some icing on the inside cieling of the fridge. Unplugged it and let it sit overnight, then plugged it back in with no change.
I have opened both fridge and freezer door holding in the door switch and cannot hear or see the evaporator fan run. Wondering if it could have shorted and caused the breaker to trip and now the unit won't cool properly.
Research also tells me the temp control, defrost timer, defrost heater are all possible culprits along with evaporator freeze up.
My fridge in the kitchen always sounds like the fan is running when you open the fridge door or the freezer door.........it's a side by side but that shouldn't make a difference I wouldn't think.
Anyone have any ideas?? It also gets very warm in both compartments when it goes in defrost mode but then cools down a bit giving me the inclination the defrost is working, I don't know if it is working correctly though???
I might mention I live in SW Florida and we do get lightening storms so that may have been an issue tripping the breaker as well although it only happened the one time which makes me think the evaporator fan may have caused it. I did clean the compressor fan but not the evaporator fan when I moved the fridge from storage. Could have been a mouse got in there because I've always been told to leave the door ajar when in storage so they don't mold???
Thanks for any input as I appreciate it very much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.