Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kartracer  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 9:10:00 AM(UTC)
kartracer

Groups: Registered

Fridgidaire DGUS2635LP0 Side by Side is 13 months old, of course 1 month out of warranty.

Problem: food is freezing in the fresh food side of of the unit but digital temperature display reads 68 Degrees F. I found the temperature thermister and checked the resistance. At around 6o degrees F, was approximately 11,000 ohms. As I cooled it off with icewater, went up to over 12,000 ohms.

What should be the resistance of the thermister?

The fresh food temperature display has fluctuated some over the passed couple of days, have seen from 65 degree F to 85 degree F readings.

On the freezer side, usually reads 0deg F, but have seen readings down to -13 deg F over the past couple of days. Seems like it is accurate when compared with a digital thermomter I put in the freezer.

I have been managing the temperature on the freshfood side by blocking and unblocking the vents between fresh food side and the freezer side.
I am looking for suggestions in diagnosing the devective component so I can order a replacement.

Thanks --- Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 3:48:07 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Based on the information you provided I recommend to replace the fresh food thermistor Part number: 240597203
Part number: 240597203

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Frigidaire DGUS2635LP0 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you.Post the results.

Simon.
kartracer  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 6:14:23 PM(UTC)
kartracer

Thanks for the recommendation, I was thinking of replacing the thermist0r, but I did some testing
and thermist0r seems to be working, although I don't know the specifications, here are the results.
Testing: I removed the fresh air thermistor and checking it with an ohmeter the results are:

10.2 kohms @ 72 deg F
16.7 kohms @ 52 deg F
25.6 kohms @ 32 deg F

Checking the circuit at the connect the thermistor plugs in to:
4.89VDC open circuit( thermistor removed)

Thermistor installed:( voltage drop measured across the thermistor)
1.20 VDC @ 60 deg F
1.61 VDC @ 55 deg F
1.79 VDC @ 52 deg F
1.86 VDC @ 48 deg F

During all the testing, with or without the thermistor installed, the temperature displayed varied from 60 deg to 63 deg F. So it seems to me that the circuit and the thermist0r is working, but not being interpreted correctly by the control.

Reviewing the schematic, the circuit seems pretty straight forward, two wires that go directly from the thermistor to the main board. Should I still just replace the thermistor, or is it more likely the main board?

I did unplug the unit from the ac supply for about 15 minutes, thinking it's a computer, it it might reset, but I observed no change.

See attached photograph of temperature display.

On a side note, being that this is a computer controlled system with digital display, I would have thought I would get some kind of high temp erro code or thermistor circuit open error code. Are there any of these type alarms for this system???

thanks,
Scott
kartracer attached the following image(s):
2012-07-23_20-07-10_978.jpg
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:32:09 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Order both the thermistor and the control board.
You can return the one you don't need even if it's been installed.

Simon.
kartracer  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 1:52:34 PM(UTC)
kartracer

OK, I ordered both the thermistor and the main board. After replacing each one individually, I found that I needed to replace both, and it now seems to be working correctly.

Thanks!
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:47:48 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are very welcome.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply