Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SamO  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 5:32:05 AM(UTC)
SamO

Groups: Registered

after reading a lot of q&a on this topic, I've decided that my circuit board is the problem for the following reasons, but feel a second opinion is a good idea.
Yesterday I noted a frosty spot on the back of the freezer and the frig too warm, over 40 degrees F. Freezer was at zero F. I removed the back panel in the freezer and found the evaporator coils partially frozen, over 1/2 ice logged, but less that 3/4. I defrosted using a hair drier and but the system back into operation. It seems to work better now, but not right. The frig has cooled down to 34 F, the freezer below zero, but it seems to be struggling to get there. I think the circuit board is bad as I have noted the freezer temp to be at -9 F (setting -4 F)and the frig at 42 F (setting 33 F) and the frig never seems to stop running, although the temps do cycle up and down.(??) The controls on this unit are electronic. Is there a spot I can check the board resistance, as on other units, to help determine for sure the board is bad? Also, coils are clean and all fans seem to be working. Thanks for your help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.