Discuss

freeser ok but refrig varies from 40 to 52 degrees

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

hello my ge side by side refrigator varies in temoerature form 41 degrees to 51 degrees freezer sde appears to

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » freeser ok but refrig varies from 40 to 52 degrees

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 03:33 PM

narocroc is on a distinguished road
Default freeser ok but refrig varies from 40 to 52 degrees
Brand: GE   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

hello my ge side by side refrigator varies in temoerature form 41 degrees to 51 degrees freezer sde appears to be ok the model no is ess25gmbb thanks for any help! narocroc

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 07-15-2012, 07:39 PM

dnlow is on a distinguished road

Have you checked to see if the damper is working correctly. It is a door that allows air from the freezer compartment into the fresh food side. Your description of the problem sounds like this is a good place to start.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:47 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

Also, measure the freezer temperature and post.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richappy View Post
Also, measure the freezer temperature and post.
freezer temp is 15 to 20 degrees i know it should be -5 or so for freezer and 40 for refrig .per other posts for this pbm it could be the defrost thermostat /timer or defrost heater model no is ess25xgmb >I see the parts catolog and the part no. but no breakdown as to how to open the inside panel of freezer and access the parts..thanks narocroc
Old 07-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

Unplug fridg. pull up a chair and remove all the screws from the bottom panel, tilt the panel up and check the evaporator coils, if covered with total, heavy frost, remove panel and defrost with hair dryer, post results.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richappy View Post
Unplug fridg. pull up a chair and remove all the screws from the bottom panel, tilt the panel up and check the evaporator coils, if covered with total, heavy frost, remove panel and defrost with hair dryer, post results.
damper assy opens just fine .the refrig was mover to the garage on my arrival removed all access comers and powered on refrigerator,observing the frezer coils occasionally,(every 2 or three minutes) they start to frost up from bottom going towards top .the motor opens the door to the refrig ok . the fan over the coils in freezer runs ok.the defrost limiter thermostat does not have a adjustment screw on it so i assume the mother board controls that. I know Gene has posted a good review of defrost problems (has helped me on a previus pbm with this beast) .the box will be plugged back in tonight.i will arrive onsite on tues 1200 noon pst to check continuity on defrost limitor nd on heater assy at that time,thanks again for all your help and patience,respectfully narocroc.the model no is ess25xgmb approx 13 years old,thanks narocroc

Last edited by narocroc : 07-23-2012 at 03:30 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.