Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RobertQQQ  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 8:21:53 AM(UTC)
RobertQQQ

Groups: Registered

The display on the refrigerator reads 4 C for the freezer and 38 C for the refrigerator. When I unplug the refrigerator and replug it back in the freezer will read above 15 C and the refrigerator readings will be above 48 C. The reset temperature readings are correct. I have repeated this procedure several times.

The refrigerator is iced up with no air flow and the freezer also has little to no air flow. I was not able to remove the back panel in the refrigerator maybe I didn't defrost it long enough.

What is causing the correct temperature to be lost and then be corrected after the refrigerator is unplugged and then plugged back in?

Is it the mother board?

The motherboard had the following numbers on it 148X197 and DA41-00107A Ver1.1
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 2:48:14 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for Samsung RS2555SL REF - SXS | AppliancePartsPros.com

[COLOR="Blue"]Is it the mother board?[/COLOR]
Yes it does sound like the main control board(Item 6 in Section 9) is toast.
That it will read the thermistors (temperatures) correctly when resets tells us they are OK but the board seems to be getting confused as time goes on.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
RobertQQQ  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 7:22:09 AM(UTC)
RobertQQQ

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for Samsung RS2555SL REF - SXS | AppliancePartsPros.com

Is it the mother board?
Yes it does sound like the main control board(Item 6 in Section 9) is toast.
That it will read the thermistors (temperatures) correctly when resets tells us they are OK but the board seems to be getting confused as time goes on.

1 After the refrigerator set overnight un-powered, I was able to remove the Evaporator Cover Asm AP4169439 The fan is working but the Heater AP4136045 had a resistance of 4.2 KOhms. Not sure if this is good or bad?

2 The heater that is attached to the Evaporator AP4171999 was open greater than 30 MOhms. If I can not buy the heater separate from the Evaporator can I remove the heater from a new Evaporator and attach it to my old Evaporator?

3 The refrigerator has been working properly (No Temp Control Issues) for 2 days since the evaporator was manually defrosted do you think I need to still buy the motherboard or just the Evaporator AP4171999?

4 Why are here two heaters in the Evaporator Area?
denman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:31:28 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]1 After the refrigerator set overnight un-powered, I was able to remove the Evaporator Cover Asm AP4169439 The fan is working but the Heater AP4136045 had a resistance of 4.2 KOhms. Not sure if this is good or bad?[/COLOR]
Looks like this may be OK. Click on the parts picture for more info on it, also has a Q&A section and for this part there is a person who got the same results as you did.

[COLOR="Blue"]2 The heater that is attached to the Evaporator AP4171999 was open greater than 30 MOhms. If I can not buy the heater separate from the Evaporator can I remove the heater from a new Evaporator and attach it to my old Evaporator?[/COLOR]
Again look at the Q&A. It does not look like this is possible on this unit.
One reason I would never buy a Samsung, I just do not trust their design capability. This design is just stupid.
I would start a new thread using "Post New Topic" asking this question with luck someone out there has been able to do it and can help.
Replacing the entire evaporator will be an expensive repair as you need a pro.

[COLOR="Blue"]3 The refrigerator has been working properly (No Temp Control Issues) for 2 days since the evaporator was manually defrosted do you think I need to still buy the motherboard or just the Evaporator AP4171999?
I doubt you need a new board as it is now running OK though I cannot [/COLOR]explain why a defrost problem shoud give erratic temperature readings.
[COLOR="Blue"]
4 Why are here two heaters in the Evaporator Area?[/COLOR]
The one you listed is for the water tank and the other for the evaporator coils.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply