Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lancecowell  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:04:09 PM(UTC)
lancecowell

Groups: Registered

My icemaker is not making ice. (The water dispenser is working)
When I put the bar (that switches the icemaker on and off) down to switch the icemaker on, the icemaker does go through cycles in that it periodically rotates the fingers that lift the ice out of the ice tray where the ice is made. However, no water is dispensed into the icemaker - hence no ice.

I would appreciate any diagnostic tips/ideas as to what is wrong. I saw one thread where the fault was with the icemaker module which seems easy enough to replace. However, I am thinking that there must be a water valve that controls the flow of water, and I am thinking that may be the cause. Also, I am wondering if a line might be frozen. We have just been away for a month, but my wife said this started before we left. Would appreciate any advice. I have already repaired the broken wires at the bottom of the freezer door that stopped water and ice dispensing several months ago, so I am hoping to fix this as well. Many thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 3:26:56 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for Whirlpool KSCS25FJSS01 COUNTER DEPTH REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Yes there is a valve (Item 10 in section 7).
Click on it's picture for more info about it.

Monitor the voltage across the ice make side of the valve for 120 volts when running a cycle.
If there is no voltage than the ice maker is the probable cause.

If there is voltage then it could be the valve itself or the tubing is frozen.

You could switch the water lines and then try dispensing water. If you get water to the ice maker then you know it is the valve.
Be sure to have that you do not overfill/overflow the ice maker.

If the line is frozen it will probably be were it empties into the ice maker fill funnel. A hair dryer should thaw it.
If it is frozen thaw it out makes sure the ice maker mold is empty then run a cycle while watching the fill tube. If it drips than I would replace the valve as it is not sealing correctly. The drips then freeze eventually plugging the line.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
lancecowell  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:20:12 AM(UTC)
lancecowell

Groups: Registered

Thanks very much - this is very helpful
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply