Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Techie  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:09:29 AM(UTC)
Techie

Groups: Registered

GE GSH22SGPB SS ice cream in the reezer not freezing, frosting on the back inside wall of the freezer dept. Vent holes were very dusty ===> vacoomed them all. Compressor warm to the touch, fan beside it is blowing. Tube coming out of the compressor is cool. Fridge never stops running (even when I set the freezer to 1, except when set to 0) Is this a defroster problem or something else?

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:55:03 AM(UTC)
applianceman

The defrost heater is most likely bad. Take the back cover off the inside of the freezer and melt the ice. Then check ohms across the heater, if the heater is open replace it. Refrigerator repair guide
Techie  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:35:47 AM(UTC)
Techie

Thanks applianceman. I guess I cannot melt the ice and access the heaters from the back (outside) of the fridge? I am just conserned I may dammage the plastic cover (inside back wall) inside the freezer in the process of removing it. I know it has seals running along the vertical edges. Is the termostat or the electronic board under question at all?

Thanks
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:04:55 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Yes, it could be the main board or the thermostat but the heater is much more likely.
Techie  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:08:02 PM(UTC)
Techie

It's kind of odd... The fridge started to cycle on/off yesterday but the cycles are very long ones (this is post vent cleaning that I did the day before). Why would it cycle if it never reaches the target temps (freezer or fresh)? Coud it be the defrost cycle and then the heater is broken ===> controls (the board) waiting for it for certain time and then coolling phase kicking in without the defrost cycle being successful??
Techie  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:09:16 PM(UTC)
Techie

i meant defrost cycle be NOT successful
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply