Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Maximuh  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2012 12:47:57 PM(UTC)
Maximuh

Groups: Registered

Trying to find out what the GE compatible part numbers are for:
6750c-0004s (4TM427NFBYY-53)
6749c-0008d (8EA3B3) The current part number from Klixon for this is 8EA21C3

Image of product sticker from inside door:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/7vnm7jk

These are attached to an EMBRACO EGU70HLC with a control board containing a 15μF capacitor.

I think the above PTC can be replaced using the part number WR07X10051 but I am not sure, so I am hoping for a confirmation. I also am not sure how to cross reference the OLP part number with the much less expensive compatible GE part number.

Anyway I thank anyone who can or is willing to help me out in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 1:12:30 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I can help if you check and correct the model #.
Maximuh  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 7:08:53 AM(UTC)
Maximuh

I added a URL of the product sticker from inside the door.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 8:24:44 AM(UTC)
richappy

Your compressor pinout should be as follows, common, top, start pin bottom right and run pin, bottom left.
Either that, or the triangle arrangement is upside down with common on the bottom. Ohmeter check should show common to start about 4 ohms, common to run, about 3 ohms. Start winding usually higher resistance.
If you hold the ptc device with the tab on top and input spade terminals facing you, resistance from the left input terminal should show short to the left output compressor terminal and 5 ohms to the right output terminal.
Generally, I do not recomend using a ptc device that was not listed as a replacement as you can burn out the compressor if you wire it wrong. One fridg power wire goes to the left ptc input terminal, the other to the klixon overload, run capacitor between the left and right side ptc input terminals. good luck.
Maximuh  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 9:13:56 AM(UTC)
Maximuh

I made a diagram of the wiring previous to removal of the parts. The PTC is making a rattling with debris falling from it, so I assume it has failed. The refrigerator was not cooling and it was clicking/humming every few minutes. Anyway I posted the part numbers in hopes of finding lower cost alternate part numbers since the exact same parts are used on so many different brands, with different part numbers of course. The part numbers in brackets are physically on the parts which I was able to lookup and find the electrical and heat related properties but was not sure how to cross reference part numbers across brands. I did test the winding/compressor and they are within tolerance.
Maximuh  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 12:29:15 PM(UTC)
Maximuh

Ok to make this more simple the OLP seems to be working fine, but the PTC needs to be replaced. I am just trying to find a PTC with the above Klixon part number which is less expensive than the LG labeled one. I am sure that others have installed a PTC with the same Klixon part number into a brand other than LG but labeled with a part number supplied by the manufacturer of the refrigerator.

It is just so weird that nobody seems to have made a cross reference of different refrigerator manufacturers (LG,GE Whirlpool etc.) part numbers using the actual part makers (Klixon) part numbers. The Klixon part is a 8EA3B3 (replaced by 8EA21C3) which has specific properties that do not change just because it is in a GE, LG or what ever manufacturer.

Anyway here is a link to the 4TM & 8EA Klixon products with some but not all of the technical data.

Also here is a cross reference of the Klixon 8EA part numbers for reference.
richappy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:10:51 AM(UTC)
richappy

NO manufacturer provides pinout info on their ptc devices. Without that data, or ohm tests, you run the risk of burning out your compressor. I just had a customer replace his ptc device without checking and he burned out his compressor.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply