Appliance Repair Forum

Appliance Repair Forum (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/)
-   Refrigerator & Freezer Repair (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/refrigerator-freezer-repair/)
-   -   nonstop running after left door not totally closed for over night (http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/refrigerator-freezer-repair/486661-nonstop-running-after-left-door-not-totally-closed-over-night.html)

zhu01 07-05-2012 10:42 AM

nonstop running after left door not totally closed for over night

Accidently, I left a refrigerator door not totally closed overnight. The door was enough to turn off the light and let the refrigerator run.

I noticed in the morning and closed the door of the refrigerator which was running. Since then, it ran nonstop. Freezer OK, but refrig kept at 40 F and not below. I turned it off and let defrost for 24 hrs. I noticed there is a lot of ice on the pipe. I turned it on. Now, it still runs nonstop but refrig goes around 10 F (normal should be 20 35). Temp adjuster sets high or low does not make difference.

I believe the deforest system is OK because I found ice on the water collect area.

Most likely, it points to the problem with thermostat. do I need replace the controller as well? Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

model: GSS25JFMC WW GE brand

Simon / APP Team 07-05-2012 12:53 PM

HI.

Unplug the fridge, open the doors and let it defrost for another 24 hrs.
If after that the same problem will occur - replace the

damper assembly Part number: WR09X10050

Part number: WR09X10050

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric GSS25JFMCWW Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.

zhu01 07-05-2012 02:09 PM

may i just replace the sensor ?

i think i can measure the changes of resistance of the sensor by freeze or warm up. supposedly, warm up -> smaller resistance, cold down -> higher resistance, or vice versa ?

why this part goes out of order?

thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon / APP Team (Post 751008)
HI.

Unplug the fridge, open the doors and let it defrost for another 24 hrs.
If after that the same problem will occur - replace the

damper assembly Part number: WR09X10050

Part number: WR09X10050

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric GSS25JFMCWW Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Thank you. Post the results.

Simon.

Simon / APP Team 07-05-2012 05:54 PM

Hi.

You may try to replace the sensor only, but you'll be better off replacing the assembly.

Simon.

zhu01 07-05-2012 09:40 PM

the part you provided is different from mine.

i have checked the part on my refrigerator. it looks different - connected on the ceiling of the refrigerator, and a seperate sensor goes into the ceiling of the refrig. also, i could not disintall the damper from the ceiling wire.

any advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon / APP Team (Post 751102)
Hi.

You may try to replace the sensor only, but you'll be better off replacing the assembly.

Simon.

zhu01 07-06-2012 08:22 AM

after i exposed the sensor, and check all the connectors, it works now. i will observe for a while before i put all covers on.

thank you guys.

Simon / APP Team 07-06-2012 11:22 AM

You are welcome.

Simon.