Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kbracken87  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:02:26 PM(UTC)
kbracken87

Groups: Registered

Hello, I just picked up an old Kelvinator Ice Cream Chest Freezer from a small local ice cream company that went out of business (Yarnell's Ice Cream). It seems to be really old but I have no actual date of when it was made. I can say that it is very much like the current 2SF model which has a Radiant Shell, non-clogging condenser. When the unit I have is plugged in it will make a grinding/clicking sound with a low soft hum for 2 sec and then end with a click. It does this every 4-5 sec. I just want to see if any of you know what could be the possible problem and if its worth fixing. I really want to keep it since I got the unit for free and it has the old Kelvinator metal logo and the "Yarnell's Ice Cream" logo on it as well. The Part# is 1067037 and the Serial# is 6249669 but I have no idea if they are original or not. Thanks for all your time and expertise.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.