Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhnsiler  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:40:40 AM(UTC)
jhnsiler

Groups: Registered

Several issues: It’s a DSS25KSRDSS General Electric Refrigerator side by side. Noticed water overflowing icemaker in freezer and freezing all over the food. Appeared as though the freezer was not freezing. Cleaned up mess, recycled power to refrigerator. Returned to normal. A day later, I changed refrigerator filter and water dispenser would no longer work. Also, I’ve noticed that food in vegetable crisper was freezing at a setting of 4 and 4. I have been doing some research on your site and checked a few things. Checked continuity on water inlet valve and found .183 red side and .350 on blue side. Also, hooked water supply up directly to valve, bypassing filter, and now water dispenser works, water also flows to icemaker. I can blow through the filter line since it’s free from water inlet valve and it appears to be free of debris. Suggest anything to you? I really would like to use filtered water. By the way, I did remove the newly replaced filter and put bypass plug in place. Made no difference.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.