Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjohnston  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:59:23 AM(UTC)
mjohnston

Groups: Registered

I had asked a question in a previous post and did get some good inital advice. Thank you. But I have need for a follow up question before ordering a part. The freezer does frost up heavily preventing airflow to refrigerator. Manually defrosting coils brings back cool Fridge instantly thus the damper/damper control seems fine. I have defrosted twice. After the first time fridge got warm after 5 days, again heavy frost on coils and inside back panel preventing airflow. Another defrost and fridge is then fine. When I defrosted the second time I noticed the thermostat on the coil was not in great physical contact. The metal clip and side of thermostat did touch coil, but not along the curved profile. I twisted that into a good seating position. I have no idea if that made a difference as it is appearing to frost up again albelit not quite as fast. One other thing I did was to check the door seals and the doors seem very tight all the way around. Thus I doubt this is excessive moisture getting in. Clearly a defrost issue. Another thing I noticed is that I tried to activate a manual defrost cycle by flicking the freezer door switch 5-6 times in quick fashion. I noticed that the fan stopped just after the 5th or 6th flick but then quickly resumed within a second. My conclusion is then that it likely isn't the board or ocntroller. Also the damper/damper control doesnt seem like an issue as defrost, evenpartial, brings immediate relief to fridge. But could it simply be the thermostat on the coil? If it is always open, it will send the signal to resume cooling cycles such as immeidatly after trying the manual defrost by flicking switch. But I am not sure this model activates defrost by that method. I have not checked the resistance over the heat burner but it seems intact along with all connections. Otherwise teh compressor etc seems to cycle fine, not always on. I am not sure I want to replce a controller board, again on this fridge, but a thermostate is easy. Also I beleove the temp control thermostat and defrost thermostat are different correct?????
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.