Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tonybone  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 6:17:32 PM(UTC)
tonybone

Groups: Registered

This reefer is and LG manufactured for Kenmore. Quit dispensing water. Pressing dispense button you can hear solenoid buzz. Diconnected line at door. Blew thru line and it was clear. Disconnected line coming back from filter, water come out when dispenser button pushed, still no water at dispenser.

Replaced the water valve, still have the same symtom, no water at front outlet when dispenser button pushed. Ice dispensor works. Water valves Ohmn out. Any suggestions???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

RJ fixit  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:43:57 AM(UTC)
RJ fixit

My mom has the same problem , the line in the door freezes because there is a problem with the insulation in the door. You can remove the bottom vent plate,remove the tubing from the coupling ,check to see if water comes out there , if it does,the line in the door is frozen. To remove line you have to remove the faceplate on door by pushing down on bottom edge and pulling out then lifting up on face plate, then remove curcuit board and move to the side,unhook the tube from dispenser,try and pull the line out ,it might be frozen in so open the freezer door for a while and it will release.Make sure when you pull it out to mark where it was frozen, go to lowes and get some surgical tubing (enough to cover the frozen area)soap it up and slide it down the tubing till its in place.Now use blow dryer blow down the outter tube in the door to clear the ice in it.Then re-install the tube in door (easier said than done) I usually wrap tape around the end to make it pointy and have somebody wriggle the wire harness while you try to insert line .its a pain but it fixed my moms fridge.It was only a year and half old
RJ fixit  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:43:59 AM(UTC)
RJ fixit

My mom has the same problem , the line in the door freezes because there is a problem with the insulation in the door. You can remove the bottom vent plate,remove the tubing from the coupling ,check to see if water comes out there , if it does,the line in the door is frozen. To remove line you have to remove the faceplate on door by pushing down on bottom edge and pulling out then lifting up on face plate, then remove curcuit board and move to the side,unhook the tube from dispenser,try and pull the line out ,it might be frozen in so open the freezer door for a while and it will release.Make sure when you pull it out to mark where it was frozen, go to lowes and get some surgical tubing (enough to cover the frozen area)soap it up and slide it down the tubing till its in place.Now use blow dryer blow down the outter tube in the door to clear the ice in it.Then re-install the tube in door (easier said than done) I usually wrap tape around the end to make it pointy and have somebody wriggle the wire harness while you try to insert line .its a pain but it fixed my moms fridge.It was only a year and half old
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply