Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bkbk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 5:57:49 AM(UTC)
bkbk

Groups: Registered

The GE refrigerator (top freezer, no icemaker) is getting water under the crisper bins. After reading up, I figured it might be a clogged drain tube. After removing the cover on the lower back, I saw the drain pan was completely dry. I also noticed that the cover itself was stained and warped from water, and there was a small amount of water flowing down the back of the fridge from where the drain tube attaches to the back (part 315 on the diagram). I snaked a wire up the drain tube, up to the trap-like part at the top of the tube. I then took out the evaporator cover on the back wall of the freezer and could see the drain hole through two small cut-outs. There didn't seem to be any ice or debris around the hole, but I squirted a bunch of hot water in. I stopped when I noticed that a lot of the water was running down the back of the fridge. After reassembling and turning on the fridge, water was also dripping from the control dials near the top of the fresh food compartment, so the drain tube is probably still clogged.

I taped a sponge to the back of the refrigerator to catch the water on the back. I'd appreciate any advice on how to proceed now. Thanks a lot.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.