Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AcuraNC  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:43:29 PM(UTC)
AcuraNC

Groups: Registered

-Hey there I am need of some advice about my fridge, I have the model PSC23NG GE fridge and it is not getting cold enough. The freezer side stays around 8-30 degrees and the other side stays around 50-60 degrees, I read around and did some testings that can be tested.

-I checked the mothor board relays the tested pins 3-5 and 3-8 both measure dcv 12-14( j2 plug), which was normal. I even pulled the freezer panel out which was frosted up, the evaporator van runs good, because I can see it stop spinning through he hole when the freezer door opens. I defrosted it and now the freezer reads 0 while fridge still reads 50-60 after plugged in for little over an hour.

-Could it be the heat defroster bulb located under the coils? What are the ways to check the heat defroster bulb if its bad?

-Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:05:16 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

For the correct part numbers please provide the complete model number.
To check the defrost heater and thermostat unplug the unit, locate the main control board at the back of the fridge.
Locate J7 and J9 plugs.
Disconnect one of them and check resistance between J7-9 and J9. You should read > then 22 Ohms. Remember that freezer must be cold during the test.

Post the results.

Simon.
AcuraNC  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:45:32 PM(UTC)
AcuraNC

model PSH23SGPA BS
so to check the deroster heater and thermostats I have to unplug the fridge from the outlet then test j7 j9 pin? would you have a diagram of which is J7 and J9. where do I put the neg and pos pins to test?
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:55:32 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

It's J7 plug pin #9 and plug J9. The polarity doesn't matter.

When you open the cover look on the left - there are nine wire and three wire plugs. Read the marking.

Simon.
AcuraNC  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:18:54 PM(UTC)
AcuraNC

Okay I just checked, so I unplugged the fridge and opened the back to the mothorboard. Then I have the analog multmeter from walmart the non digital one, put it onto the unside down looking like horse shoe to X10. I located J7 didnt know which was pin 9 left or right so i tried both, then located J9 and placed the neg on J7 pin 9 and pos to J9. It read 7 OHMS if im correct which is the resistor correct. let me know if i did it correctly, thanks.
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:07:08 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

The J7 pin 9 is the closest to the J9. You are suppose to remove the plug with J9 and check the resistance between wire harness contacts J9 and J7 pin 9. Set the meter to 100 scale.

Simon.
AcuraNC  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:59:48 PM(UTC)
AcuraNC

Okay I checked the fridge today and its freezer 5 and fridge 37

okay I unplugged the fridge and took the board out to unplug J7, then I tested by putting neg to J7-9 and J9. It read 3ohm on the meter set to 1k unside horse shoe. Was I suppose to unplug J9 also? it didnt seem to budge when I tried to unplug it so I just unplugged J7.
Simon / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:27:27 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Are you checking the resistance of the control board contacts or the wire harness?
Set your meter to 100ohm scale.

Simon.
AcuraNC  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:08:56 PM(UTC)
AcuraNC

i unplugged it then I checked the j7pin9 plug(not the board) then J9 plug(not the board and nothing shows,so i checked the j7 pin9(wire hareness) and j9 on the board and it shows 3ohm, tried on the board and nothing shows up.
Simon / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:51:12 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

According the information you provided recommendation is to replace the defrost heater and defrost limiter.

The defrost heater Part number: WR51X10042
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply