|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
Amana Control Board Errors
Model Number: ABB2524DEB Brand: Amana Age: 5 - 10 years
Greetings, my 2004 two door Amana #ABB2524DEB bottom freezer/refrigerator began not cooling (freezer and frig) due to icing on coils in freezer compartment. Manually defrosted, cleaned condenser assembly and bottom machine compartment and performed all control board error tests via the Service Test Mode keypad and all tests were fine. Unit worked for almost 2 months and same thing occurred (tested OK, but still lacked cooling and was freezing at coils).
Installed new defrost thermostat in coil section of freezer and things ran well for over a month, then no cooling in freezer or frig. The coils in freezer section might have frozen but were thawed by the time of discovery. Control pad was inoperable, despite showing ‘4’ on both the freezer and frig control.
Unplugged and then powered the unit on and ran Control board tests as above. The results were:
· Service Test 1: Defrost Thermostat & Defrost Circuit Test: ‘S’ – or “Shorted”
· Service Test 2: Compressor/Condenser Fan Test: Both worked OK
· Service Test 3: Evaporator/Freezer Fan Test: Worked OK
· Service Test 4: Fresh Food Thermistor Test: Comes up blank first, then 1st press on “Refrigerator + “ shows ‘P’ (Pass) and subsequent presses show nothing else (No ‘S’ or ‘O’) ‘Short’ or ‘Open’
· Service Test 5: Freezer Thermistor Test: Same as Test 4 – Comes up blank first, then 1st press on “Refrigerator + “ shows ‘P’ and subsequent presses show nothing else (No ‘S’ or ‘O’) ‘Short’ or ‘Open’
· Service Test 6: Open Damper Test: Worked OK
Frustratingly, despite the test results, both freezer and frig are back to cooling normally for the past 48 hours. What I’m not sure of is whether it is a combination of parts (freezer & frig thermistors & timer defrost) or more likely a control board issue (or something else I haven’t considered yet).
Many thanks for any and all suggestions!
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|how to determine if I need a control board or a circut firstname.lastname@example.org||Dishwasher Repair||0||11-06-2011 09:09 AM|
|How do I replace the electric control board on Amana AGDS902?||maltmann||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||1||05-27-2011 11:48 AM|
|High voltage surge damaged the control board,replaced board,compressor still not runn||shillion||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||0||11-16-2010 01:18 AM|
|Amana control board bad?||Ethan Anderson||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||11||03-05-2010 07:28 AM|
|Amana Bottom Freezer and Refrig Control Board||lharper100||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||1||05-19-2008 02:14 PM|