Discuss

Replacing GE refrigerator evaporator motors and motherboards

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

News, I replaced the motor which had a thermistol connected to it. Also, the new circuit board was installed easily.

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Replacing GE refrigerator evaporator motors and motherboards

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 08:13 PM

czechaman is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

News, I replaced the motor which had a thermistol connected to it. Also, the new circuit board was installed easily. (6 hours
The temp plummeted to 10 below zero after 3 hours, then started climbing upward after. Now it is 10 degrees above zero!!
What is going on!! please assist!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

Did you follow the directions with the new board and clip the thermistor wire going to the board?
Old 10-14-2013, 06:22 AM

czechaman is on a distinguished road
Default repairs at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithwatson View Post
Great information. Thanks for sharing. One question to ask, Can one repair the motors and motherboards at home without seeking any professional help from Heating repair professionals and HVAC certified professionals?
I did it all by myself, and youtube, and constant prayer. I did not know if I was going to get it all back together or not. But yes it was done with mentioned above and about 5 minute conversation with the man I bought the motor from.
God Bless.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:12 AM

mikebrassil is on a distinguished road
Default Replacing GE refrigerator evaporator motors and motherboards

I think a lot of times the DIY'ers are not given enough credit. Got to remember a lot of DIY'ers maybe in similar trades as us and are able to read and understand our diagrams just fine and for the ones who can't we are more then happy to help.

Our appliance repair forum is a community of both tradesman and DIY'ers, people helping people.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:30 AM

Precis is on a distinguished road

Is this info only for GE, or are there any other nameplates that it is relevant for?
Old 02-24-2014, 07:05 PM

ssauer40 is on a distinguished road

Boy, my evaporator coil was all iced up too, replace the heater element and thermostat, ended up being the motherboard. It was controlled electronically. All working fine now.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.