Discuss

Frigidaire FRS6L9FFSS0 not making ice

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

The Icemaker stopped making is. I can Manually rotate the ice arm by pressing the on button for 15 seconds.

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Frigidaire FRS6L9FFSS0 not making ice

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 03:33 PM

thecommd is on a distinguished road
Cool Frigidaire FRS6L9FFSS0 not making ice
Brand: Frigidaire   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

The Icemaker stopped making is. I can Manually rotate the ice arm by pressing the on button for 15 seconds. the auger will rotate but doesnt always make it all the way around and appears to get stuck. Then I have to turn the on/off button off again and turn it on and hold it for another 15 seconds. When ice is in the tray the auger appears not to have the power to push the ice out. The water appears to com in normally when the auger is approx 3/4's the way around after the ice is pushed up.
Thanks for any help.
Jeff

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-21-2012, 03:56 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a name known to all

Here is what comes up when I search for your unit
Replacement parts for FRS6L9FFSS0 models | AppliancePartsPros.com
I cannot find a FFSS0 but there is a EFSS0.

Here is a manual. I do not know if it is an exact match to your unit but Frigidaire ice makers are usually very similar in all units.
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/inde...=view;down=288

the auger will rotate but doesn't always make it all the way around and appears to get stuck.
This could be a motor problem.
Does it always get stuck in the same place or are there several places in the rotation and are they the same re: a stripped gear.
Remove the ice maker from the fridge and open it up and check the main gear.

When ice is in the tray the auger appears not to have the power to push the ice out.

This is sort of normal. The motor runs until the ice ejector arm hits the ice. The motor then stalls, the heater then comes on and once the ice cubes are loosened up the motor continues and ejects them.

If you have found the arm trying to eject the cubes and it does not then it could be the heater is shot.

If the arm always stay at the home position then check your freezer temperature. The eject cycle will not start until the ice maker mold hits 15 degrees F. Also could be the ice maker thermostat is shot.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 AM

thecommd is on a distinguished road

OK you have just educated me.
There is a heater on the ice maker.??
I am guessing that the coil around the base, underneath of the metal Ice tray is what you are talking about. Also, the temp int the freezer is 0 degrees Fahrenheit. So I think you first suggestion is correct. The Ice is made and the auger rotates but stops either before it hits the ice, or after it touches the ice. ( I think it is still binding on the ice) but it will not push the Ice out unless I loosen it with warm water. And then I still have to manually hold the on/off button to the on position to make the auger go again.
I am Guess by your suggestion that I have to replace the entire icemaker. Is that correct.??
Thank you for the clarification and explanation.!!
Jeff
Old 05-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Yes replacing the entire ice maker is the easiest.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Yes replacing the entire ice maker is the easiest.

Also many of the parts are expensive when you consider an entire new unit is around $100.00.