Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jungapo1  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:26:54 PM(UTC)
jungapo1

Groups: Registered

My refrigerator has defective defrost heater in the fridge side. It is opened when measured with an ohmmeter. I am thinking of replacing the main board too because it could be the reason why the defrost heater became defective. The defrost heater may not be designed to be energized continuously and this could happen if the main board is defective. That is the reason why other refrigerators will fail again if the defrost heater or evap assembly is the only one being replaced. Other part to replace is the defrost sensor. If this sensor is defective it could send wrong signal to the main board and in turn it energizes the defrost heater longer than it should be. I just want to know if someone could confirm my assessment as mentioned here. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Spy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:35:43 PM(UTC)
Appliance Spy

If you bought this fridge less than 5 years ago, the heater is covered under sealed system 5 year warranty, otherwise, that thing is a pain to replace.

There's nothing wrong with giving the fridge a fresh control system, but I doubt that the board took the heater out as my personal opinion. If this were the case it would be due to over heating. There's a thermal fuse that will show evidence of a heater malfunction that would be open. It the one in foam. Check the terminals for continuity.
jungapo1  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:37:17 PM(UTC)
jungapo1

So far everything is working. I replaced the defrost heater, defrost sensor, thermal fuse, and main board.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply