Discuss

GE Profile side by side leaking in fornt of freezer door

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

I have noticed that the shallow tray at the bottom of the freezer ices up and then I guess when

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » GE Profile side by side leaking in fornt of freezer door

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 PM

jrtouareg is on a distinguished road
Default GE Profile side by side leaking in fornt of freezer door
Brand: GE   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have noticed that the shallow tray at the bottom of the freezer ices up and then I guess when it overflows during defrost, the water leaks out of the freezer door and I have puddle in front of the fridge. I'm sure its NOT the the fill line for the ice maker. Is there a fix for this? One of our friends with a newer model of this fridge has the same problem

I'm trying to figure out how the defrost cycle works in the freezer and where this puddle of water is suppose to go when the shallow tray at the bottom of the freezer fills up. Right now, its just freezes up to a solid slab of ice. I have to remove this slab from the bottom of the freezer every 3 days to keep water from leaking out when it turns to liquid during the defrosting cycle.

Last edited by jrtouareg : 05-09-2012 at 02:08 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Expert

Simon / APP Team will become famous soon enough

Hi.

Please provide the complete model number of the fridge.

Simon.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 PM

Oh sorry the model number is PSW26SGP
Old 05-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Expert

Hi.

You are facing the task of cleaning frozen condensation drain line.
It's located behind the rear cover in the freezer at the bottom. It's a bit of the challenge but YOU can do it.
Use the hair dryer and hot water to defrost the drain.
Best if you will be able to blow in to it,using the plastic tube.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric PSW26SGPASS Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Good luck. Post the results.

Simon.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.

Last edited by Simon / APP Team : 05-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 AM

Well, I did the repair suggested above, removed the rear freezer panel and used a hair dryer and homemade funnnel/tube to direct hot air into the condensate drain. Probably kept the hair dryer on it for at least 15 minutes. Put it all back together and checked it today (3days later). I'm sorry to say the repair did not work. Any other advice? I'm about to throw this $2200 refrigerator away.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Expert

Hi.

Before closing the panel did you pour hot water into the drain to check if it's open? It doesn't matter for how long you used the blow dryer if the drain is still blocked.

Simon.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:07 AM

I stuck a coat hanger wire into the drain to make sure it was open. It went in pretty easy. Is there a tray at the end of the drain. The diagram is not clear where the drain goes. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Expert

Hi.

Yes there is the drip tray at the end of the drain line. If you open the rear cover at the back of the fridge you will see the drain tube.
Pour a cup of hot water in to the drain and see if it comes trough.

Simon.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:20 PM

Agent-t is on a distinguished road
Default Water leaking from front of freezer door

GE mod# PSI23NGMD BB
I have the same problem and the drain line isn't plugged! There is a small pan in the freezer under the condenser lines that catches the water when the freezer goes into defrost mode. This pan has a drain hole in it that rests on top of the drain line. My leak originates here, between the drain hole and the drain line. There is no gasket or sealed connection and enough excess water escapes to run down the back inside wall of the freezer. It accumulates in the shallow recess in the bottom of the freezer. In about 4 days, the recess fills...then overflows during the next defrost cycle. Any ideas on how I can fix this??? Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Expert

Hi.

Check if the drain pan is properly aligned with the drain hole.
Correct if needed.

Simon.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.