Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mlbmlb  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:15:02 AM(UTC)
mlbmlb

Groups: Registered

I am getting H2o to icemaker. but not to the door dispensor.

Recently, when calling for water it has been making a noise which, to me, seemed to be the solonoid trying to engage - when it "unstuck" water would flow.

I checked voltage( getting 120v) to both blue solinoids when pressing the "gimme some water darnit" button. - I did not check the voltage to the two red valves- im not sure how to sent the signal to them.

I then checked resistance- 328OHM on both blue solonoids, and 183 OHM on both reds ( ice maker valves)

I musta done something wrong- because if one of the blue solonoid is bad i would think I would get a differnet resistance?

Any other suggestions???

It is a GE TFX26ZPA(D?)WW

Additionally, ice type selector just stop functioning, I only get crushed now. From searching through some post here, it appears to be a solonoid. would you agree?

Finally, this week the ref door (side by side) makes a loud clunk when just about closed. Is this the cam lifter? door does not appear yo lift during opening. freezer door does lift.

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.