Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smccarthy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:07:57 PM(UTC)
smccarthy

Groups: Registered

i have a model # hss25gfpj fridge about 7 years old. it just started making a knocking or clickign sound from the rear of the fridge and noticed also that eh fan was not running. i did some troubleshooting on my own and found the noise was coming form the main control board. i tunrned the freezer temp knob to off and the fan kicked on and the noise stoped. when i turned it back on the nosie started againand the fan shut off. then i disconnected a set of wires in the upper left corner of the board and the fan came on and noise stopped but the freezer ran constantly and got near 0 degrees. my question is, is the board bad or is something else causing the board to act up..thank you

scott mccarthy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.