Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stealth.catfood  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2009 11:13:03 AM(UTC)
stealth.catfood

Groups: Registered

For a while now the fridge has been getting warmer. Recently all the food in the freezer dethawed. I took off the panel in the freezer and there was a big block of ice on the line coming into the freezer. The way the line comes in is there is one thick line that feeds out and connects to one part of the coil. Then there is a tiny wire like tube that somehow connects to a larger line which I believe the coolant comes in through and into the coil. I cannot see how these connect as there is a big putty like strip stuck on the line where they connect. This is wear the ice occured. Thinking it was a defrost issue we emptied the fridge and let it sit overnight. When I plugged it back in and let it run a while I took the pannel back off and saw a large amount of frost had collected on the tube mentioned before. This is an old fridge my landlord gave us after the previous one had a similar issue. The freezer is on the top and the fridge is on the bottom. The fridge seems to get cool from the freezer so both are dead now. Any assistance would be mostly appreciated!

Thanks!

Rob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.