Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DR2011  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 7:07:27 AM(UTC)
DR2011

Groups: Registered

Freezer is frosted over on the coils and around the icemaker. Fan will not stop at any setting other then 0. I had an issue with the water valve and water line to the icemaker a few weeks ago and both have been replaced. The reason I bring this up is because the water line into the icemaker was freezing up and it split the line on the backside of the unit. It looks like water ran down and got inside the motherboard compartment. The actual board was not wet but need to understand if maybe this was causing the continuous running of the fan and the frosted coils or maybe another defective part.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 8:00:49 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Groups: Registered

Is it snow looking frost or is it hard ice? If it is hard ice it could have been from your previous icemaker issue. The issue you describe about the icemaker could have caused water to leak onto the coils causing hard ice to form. If this is the case all you should have to do is melt the ice because you already took care of the problem.

If it is snowy frost you could have a defrost problem which could be caused the water on the motherboard but I would eliminate the other three possibilities first. (Especially since you don’t know for sure if the board got wet). The defrost heater, defrost thermostat or the evaporator thermistor could be the problem.

Take a look at this page it should help Refrigerator Defrost Problem Diagnostics

Oh and the fan is going to run most of the time until you take care of the frosting problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply