Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vernonpayne  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:26:39 AM(UTC)
vernonpayne

Groups: Registered

I just replace the ice maker in the refrig in june work fine until recently .
I notice it was not getting any water to the ice maker. It turns out to be that the supply tube going to ice maker in the freezer freezes up. I remove tube and clean it out. I also bypass then ice maker and apply power to water valve to check it seems to work fine I replaced tube in freezer but it still freezes after I clean it it will make ice fine for about 4-5 hours then no more water in the tray
I also straighten the tube as much as possible so water wiil flow smoothly
any ideals?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:28:10 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: vernonpayne Go to Quoted Post
I just replace the ice maker in the refrig in june work fine until recently .
I notice it was not getting any water to the ice maker. It turns out to be that the supply tube going to ice maker in the freezer freezes up. I remove tube and clean it out. I also bypass then ice maker and apply power to water valve to check it seems to work fine I replaced tube in freezer but it still freezes after I clean it it will make ice fine for about 4-5 hours then no more water in the tray
I also straighten the tube as much as possible so water wiil flow smoothly
any ideals?

If it freezes up that quickly I would suspect the water valve not completey closing off and allowing a small amount of water to weep through.

Disconnect the plastic line on the valve and apply voltage for just a moment. When power is removed valve should off and and no water should weep through. Make sure you have something handy to catch the water.

Part number: AP3189335
vernonpayne  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:47:32 PM(UTC)
vernonpayne

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Frank / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
If it freezes up that quickly I would suspect the water valve not completey closing off and allowing a small amount of water to weep through.

Disconnect the plastic line on the valve and apply voltage for just a moment. When power is removed valve should off and and no water should weep through. Make sure you have something handy to catch the water.

Part number: AP3189335

frank
You were right, i receive it today. I can't find a way to mount it to the refrig. The bracket is bent at the wrong angle. The part 800 in the diagram looks like my old one but nothing like the new one.
I can't postion in anyway that its not sticking out of the back of the refrig, I have to mount it to something and there no room inside to install it. It looks like if connect the output line I can't removed it easily it looks like it wedges a lip inside the hose and the hose inside the housing.
Do u have another valve that looks like the one in unit diagram or something
part number on the invoice is wr57x10033 if it helps
tks
Vernon
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply