Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hwkugol@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 10:24:40 AM(UTC)
hwkugol@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

I installed the door gasket on a Hot Point refrigerator Model#CTF15EBC and this is my problem. The bottom of the refrigerator door closes correctly, meaning that it touches the refrigerator, but the top of the refrigerator door does not. It is about an inch away from the refrigerator body. It looks like the door became warped as a result of installing the gasket. How is this possible?
The gasket is held in place by the same screws that hold the inside door frame to the door. Is there a sequence of tightening the screws which could warp the door if not done correctly? :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 10:31:25 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

Not sure how you installed it, but I remove the door so I can lay it flat on a table or the ground to work on it.

This way you know it won't twist on you when you remove and replace the screws that hold it all together.

The newer doors are so much nicer to replace the gaskets on as they just have a channel molded into the liner. Pull the old gasket out and push the new one in place, no tools needed.

Anyway hope that helps.
hwkugol@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 2:39:48 PM(UTC)
hwkugol@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

Yes, I removed all the screws again and then screwed in the one screw on each side which looked like they were the alignment screws because they were the only two screw holes on the sides (NOT COUNTING THE corner screws) where the holes are the exact size of the screws so that an exact fit is necessary to secure the bracket to the inside door frame that is secured to the outside door cover. Once that was accomplished the rest of the screws went in fairly easily.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply