Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeG52  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:52:44 AM(UTC)
MikeG52

Groups: Registered

Hello,

We recently noticed our Whirlpool fridge was not cooling in both the freezer and fridge comparments. I pulled off the back panel and cleaned out the dust. I also discovered that the condensor fan was not working.

I gave the fan a few taps and it began to run. It continued running without any assistance and the temperature in the fridge and freezer appeared to get back to normal levels. After a few days, the same thing happened. The fridge and freezer temperatures were much too high. The condensor had stopped turning once again.

I then ordered a new condensor motor from this site. A couple of questions for you -

Do you think a new condensor fan motor will fix my problem?
What controls the condensor fan motor to turn on / off ?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:12:28 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: MikeG52 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

We recently noticed our Whirlpool fridge was not cooling in both the freezer and fridge comparments. I pulled off the back panel and cleaned out the dust. I also discovered that the condensor fan was not working.

I gave the fan a few taps and it began to run. It continued running without any assistance and the temperature in the fridge and freezer appeared to get back to normal levels. After a few days, the same thing happened. The fridge and freezer temperatures were much too high. The condensor had stopped turning once again.

I then ordered a new condensor motor from this site. A couple of questions for you -

Do you think a new condensor fan motor will fix my problem?
What controls the condensor fan motor to turn on / off ?

Thanks for your help!

Yes I'm sure it will fix your issue. It has to run in order for the unit to perform correctly.

The condensor fan runs when the compressor is running.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply