Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
b3d  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 7:13:15 AM(UTC)
b3d

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I have a Frigidaire Gallery side by side model FRS22XGCW. The right side door is sagging about a 1/4 inch so the refrigerator door does not seal properly. Could you tell me what parts I need to fix this?

Thanks,

John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 8:21:39 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups: Registered

Hello John,
The first thing I reccommend is to loosen the three screws holding the top hinge onto the cabinet and see if there is enough adjustment there to level the door. Another consideration is the leveling of the unit. If one corner of the unit is too high, this puts a warp in the body that prevents proper door strike. The thing to watch for is an even gap between the doors when the doors are shut.
If this produces no positive results, there are 3 parts that should be considered: the hinge bearing, the lower hinge bracket, and the lower hinge washer. If you get the door strike close, you can also add extra washers to the lower door hinge to raise the door a bit higher.

This is the part number for the hinge bearing. It fits up into the bottom of the door itself. Part number: AP2144026
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply