Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jameshere  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:40:23 PM(UTC)
jameshere

Groups: Registered

I have an LG fridge with top freezer, model GR-729RN

Lately, a sheet of ice has been building up on the floor of the freezer compartment - from the back towards the front - and needing removal every 5-10 days

I believe the problem must be a blocked water drain line; there is no sign of any water having reached the evaporation tray down at floor level for a long time. The defrost heaters can be heard to work quite regularly.

From what I have read here, I think I have to remove the back panel of the freezer compartment? First problem is to remove the ice-maker. With the front cover pulled off, I found and removed two screws holding it up to the roof, but was then unable to see how to proceed? No further attachments are obvious.

Even if I had been able to remove the ice-maker, I don't see any screws or other means of attachment for the back panel . . ?

James

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 7:27:05 AM(UTC)
mattt

Hello James,
I wonder if I could inconvenience you to recheck your model number. I can't get it to pull up on any of our sites. Thank You.
jameshere  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 10:39:30 AM(UTC)
jameshere

I took that model No. from the "Owner's manual" but no mistake - the data plate inside the 'fridge agrees: GR 729RN it is!
Any guidelines to removal would be helpfull
Thx
James
Jerry / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 8:14:51 AM(UTC)
mattt

Hello James,
After extensive research, we found that this is a Canadian model. Unfortunately, we have no information on these units and cannot provide assistance without the technical information. I suggest to check around and see if the service manual can be obtained locally. Let me know if there is any way I can further assist.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply