Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tsloan777  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:45:12 PM(UTC)
tsloan777

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have been having problems with the used GE side by side refrigerator that I purchased a few months ago.

First I had to buy a new main board because It did not have one when I bought it.

Second, I fixed the defrost system by buying a new evaporator fan and the freezer drooped down to normal temp.

Third, I replaced the thermistor in the fresh food section because I saw that only sometimes the damper door would stay open after opening. 90% of the time that I watched the damper door open it would start to open but then once it reached the top it started clicking as if it was getting a signal telling it to close again (I held down the door switch in this process so the mother board in the refrigerator knew that the refrigerator door was closed)

With that said, I went ahead and replaced the encoder board... did not fix the problem... then I replaced the damper door and it is still doing the same thing!

Please help!
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.