Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lane_h10  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 1:17:35 PM(UTC)
lane_h10

Groups: Registered

Great web site, I have read the intro and many of the post I now know I have a defrost problem, I will check for frost on the coils, IF it is Present I will manually defrost it. Check the heater and the thermistor for continuity.

I think this model has an electronic control board If so how can I trouble shoot this board? I have DMM and I know how to use it. Is this Model on The GE recal list I can not find the list! what suggestions do you have?
Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

lane_h10  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:39:03 PM(UTC)
lane_h10

Originally Posted by: lane_h10 Go to Quoted Post
Great web site, I have read the intro and many of the post I now know I have a defrost problem, I will check for frost on the coils, IF it is Present I will manually defrost it. Check the heater and the thermistor for continuity.

This model does have an electronic control board!
Can I trouble shoot this board?
I have DMM and I know how to use it.
Is this Model on The GE recall list I can not find the list!
After spending time with the reefer unit The coils were in fact frosted over at the bottom and Frozen ice at the top of the coils I defrosted the coils Ohm-ed out the heater it was 24 ohms and the Thermostat ohm ed out at 15 ohms From what I have learned from reading the forums Thermostat may read OK however it still may be faulty Do you agree?

Is there a way to jumper some pins or any thing I can do to turn on the Defrost circuit?

At this time I feel like the Thermostat is faulty What do you think?
what else should I be lookinfg for?

Thanks
File Attachment(s):
IMG_0024a.JPG (389kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
Gene  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 5:27:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The thermostat resistance (when it's cold) should be very close to 0 Ohms. 15 Ohms reading means the thermostat is bad.

- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP3884317
lane_h10  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 7:56:49 PM(UTC)
lane_h10

This model does have an electronic control board!
Can I trouble shoot this board?
I have DMM and I know how to use it.
Is this Model on The GE recall list I can not find the list!
After spending time with the reefer unit The coils were in fact frosted over at the bottom and Frozen ice at the top of the coils I defrosted the coils Ohm-ed out the heater it was 24 ohms and the Thermostat ohm ed out at 15 ohms From what I have learned from reading the forums Thermostat may read OK however it still may be faulty Do you agree?

Is there a way to jumper some pins or any thing I can do to turn on the Defrost circuit?

At this time I feel like the Thermostat is faulty What do you think?
what else should I be looking for?

Thanks

Thank you Gene,
I will order the part and install it in the mean time to test that the Mother Board is not defective would it be a good idea to take the
Thermostat out of the system for a short test and tie the two wires the Pink and Orange together. to test the defrost circuit?

Also what is it that triggers the defrost circuit on the Adaptive defrost system? is it running time? IS there way to activated the cycle to test that the Heater unit is in fact working

Thank you very much for help!

Lane
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply