Discuss

Gss22jfpaww

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Replaced main board due to coils freezing up and had to manually defrost it every month. Jumping pins on main

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Gss22jfpaww

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 01:26 PM

alraney is on a distinguished road
Default Gss22jfpaww
Brand: GE   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Replaced main board due to coils freezing up and had to manually defrost it every month. Jumping pins on main board would start the defrost heater reason for replaceing the main board. Now I have a problem freezer and frig defrosts wont get cold unless I unplug the vent door between freezer and frig then it will freeze everything in the frig as fan seemed to run all the time. I just replaced the defrost limiter and all 3 sensors today still not cooling unless I unplug the vent door and open it. What am I missing?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 AM

applianceman is on a distinguished road

It sounds like your refrigerator is in liner protection mode, which means your door switch isnít working.

Take a look at your fresh food door and see if it has dropped down lower than the freezer door. If so adjust the door back up so that it hits the door switch well and your problem should be solved.

GE Refrigerator Repair Guide
Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 AM

Default frig door

I can see that the light goes off and on when opening and closing the door is this the switch? the door is a tad bit lower how do I adjust the door up on this model Thank you
Old 03-21-2012, 10:49 AM

There is an adjustment screw at the bottom hinge. Even if you see the light cut off still adjust the door up and see if this takes care of your problem. If not you may have a thermistor issue.

Did you read the instructions with the board? There is a section that talks about cutting a jumper wire on some models. If yours is one of the models you need to cut the jumper. I am not 100% sure what happens if you donít cut out the jumper but you need to do so if yours is one of the models listed on the instructions. However if it is not on the list do not cut any wires.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:07 AM

The board directions said for bottom drawer models only I did not cut any wires and I have wondered about this and reread them. my luck I have an odd ball that needs the jumper cut and the directions dont specify it. Mine is a side by side. I did replace the thermister yesterday as well as all 3 of the sensors. Raised the door.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:31 AM

No it said to cut the jumper on bottom mounts and some encoder models. Yours is an encoder model but only some serial numbers apply. There is a list of serial numbers on the board instructions that corresponds to the models you must cut the wire.

Again do not cut the wire unless instructed on the sheet provided with the board.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM

YES sir you are right I did recheck and found that my serial number was one of them I really feel stupid now you are the man Thank you very much its up and working after months pulling my hair out
Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 PM

It was an honest mistake most people that arenít techs donít know what encoder models are, but all this means is that your controls are turn dials rather than push button.

You are welcome glad to help.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.