Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChrisMNS.Ut  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:09:33 PM(UTC)
ChrisMNS.Ut

Groups: Registered

Hello, I have browsed some of the threads in the forum and altough I find some close to my subject, none fit my issue fully, so I find it necessary to post a new topic(My first topic here @ AppliancePartsPros).

I have a Kenmore side by side refridgerator,

Model #: 25358082896
Serial #: LA92607988
MANUFACTURED: 07/1999
ICE MAKER MODEL #: SI-20

Since purchasing this home less than a year ago, the ice maker had never worked, yet the filtered water has always worked fine(Untill Now). The previous owner claimed it needs a new ice maker.

The filtered water is used heavily in the household and the filter is changed regularly(so we need it running asap! :))

Upon filling up a large container of water through the dispenser, after about a gallon it just trickled to a stop and wont produce water, I can hear the pump motor running so I know the water pump still works, and I took out the filter and inspected it and pressed the water lever and the filter and the supply reservoir under lower drawer still fill up, so I am under the impression that what has happened to the Ice Maker water supply has finally happened to the water disp. supply(Probly clogged up after years of use? Frozen?)

So here we are: water supply working - connection to filter good(upper right in fridge hanging down) BUT the connection(s) from the filter to the ICE MAKER & WATER no longer work. (Well, the ice maker never did work, for us atleast.... :))

I have slid the fridge out and inspected the area in the back where all the different h2o supply hoses go and all seems fine. I'm about to break out the tools and remove the sheild on the bottom of the back and inspect the hoses further. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

Thanks,

A new citizen of APP!

Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.