Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shark715  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 6:51:23 PM(UTC)
shark715

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Profile Arctica side by side refrigerator, model PSC25NSTASS, and there is a problem with the freezer portion only. Seems like the air may not be properly circulating as the bottom section of the freezer is too cold (5 to 10 below zero) while the top section (just below the ice maker) is too warm (20 to 25 degrees). I should mention that I don’t use the ice maker, but I never have and this problem did not exist before. I was thinking that something might be iced up, so I left the unit turned off all day yesterday with the doors open. When I turned it back on, and pressed the freezer door switch I could hear the freezer fan start, but now the unit has been on for the last 24 hours, and when I open the freezer door and press the door switch, I can not hear the fan start. The fresh food compartment seems to be operating normally and the temperature difference in the fresh food compartment from top to bottom is minimal. Anyone know what the problem is? Many thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 8:06:27 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Hello,
The evaporator fan could be failing or it could be the power supply for the fan on the main control. To assist you in your repair, I believe the service manual is very good to have on hand.
See if this attachment helps direct you to the problem. If you could provide an e-mail address I can send you the service manual but you will need to come back in and delete your e-mail address after I send it to you to prevent unwanted e-mails. Also here is an excellent test description you should apply: GE evaporator fan motor test:
http://forum.appliancepartspros...or-test-replacement.html
Gary/APP Team  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 8:12:47 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Hello . It sounds like the Part number: AP3875639
Part number: AP3875639
fan motor has quit,
and will need replaced. thank you and good luck!

Model PSC25NSTASS
shark715  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 4:02:58 AM(UTC)
shark715

Originally Posted by: Jerry / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
The evaporator fan could be failing or it could be the power supply for the fan on the main control. To assist you in your repair, I believe the service manual is very good to have on hand.
See if this attachment helps direct you to the problem. If you could provide an e-mail address I can send you the service manual but you will need to come back in and delete your e-mail address after I send it to you to prevent unwanted e-mails. Also here is an excellent test description you should apply: GE evaporator fan motor test:
http://forum.appliancepartspros...or-test-replacement.html
Thanks Jerry please send the service manual to philip.oney@gmail.com
shark715  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 7:06:45 AM(UTC)
shark715

Originally Posted by: Gary/APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hello . It sounds like the Part number: AP3875639
Part number: AP3875639
fan motor has quit,
and will need replaced. thank you and good luck!

Model PSC25NSTASS
I'm not an expert, but it appears the evaporator fan motor is operating as it should. I assume it runs only when the freezer calls for cooling. When it's running and I open the freezer door and press the door switch, I can feel that the fan is sending a strong flow of air through the vent above the motor. The panel that covers the evaporator is correctly installed as well as what GE calls the Air Tunnel, so I can't see any reason why the air would not be circulating as it should. Based on what I'm describing, do you still think the problem is the fan motor? Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply