Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vterm  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2009 10:26:45 AM(UTC)
vterm

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Profile bottom freezer refrigerator that I bought in 2007. Model PFS22SISBSS, Serial #AM053511. The freezer temperature rises intermittently, and can range from -2 deg C to +19 deg C. My wife has suggested that the higher temperature occurs when she has the freezer open for loading up groceries. However, I have seen occasions when it has gone up to +10 deg C without opening the freezer door.

I have seen a number of posts on various forums where people have had problems with the motherboard. I have motherboard WKKT Model #0158-04-03A. GEA Part #200D4880G015. (I had called GE Consumer Affairs and was told that the part # is WR5510942. Apparently, the customer service rep said there was no recall for my motherboard.)

I checked J2 pin #3 to #4 (fan speed); voltage is 12.7 VDC (good). J2 Pin #3 to #8 is 13.5VDC (good). However, J2 pin #1 to #3 (evaporator motor) is 5.3VDC instead of 6.3 VDC, and J2 pin #5 to #8 is 8.1VDC instead of 13.4 VDC.

I had problems checking resistance on thermistors on J1 pin 1 to pin 5, but voltages were 2.4 to 3.6 vs the 2.8 to 3.5 VDC.

Is there really a problem here? Do I need to change the evaporator thermistor and the motherboard?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is the GE diagram that I used.

Thanks.
File Attachment(s):
GE Board Diagram.pdf (157kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.