Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ccl17  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:02:50 AM(UTC)
ccl17

Groups: Registered

I just bought this frig on craigslist. We plugged it in monday the 10th evening. It is now thursday the 13th morning, and has not shut off since. I manually turned the nob, and it did shut off. I turned it back on to 5, and I kept the doors open to see if it pops back on, and it did, but it won't shut off again. I cannot find the model number or serial numbers anywhere on the frig to get help. Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to have an electric bill that goes thru the roof for just a garage frig!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:07:41 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: ccl17 Go to Quoted Post
I just bought this frig on craigslist. We plugged it in monday the 10th evening. It is now thursday the 13th morning, and has not shut off since. I manually turned the nob, and it did shut off. I turned it back on to 5, and I kept the doors open to see if it pops back on, and it did, but it won't shut off again. I cannot find the model number or serial numbers anywhere on the frig to get help. Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to have an electric bill that goes thru the roof for just a garage frig!

Could be the thermostat which is the part the knob you're turning is connected to. If it really has never shut off "at all", in the time you've had it, that would indicate a bad defrost timer. Even if the thermostat was bad, the defrost timer would shut it down a couple of times of day to defrost the evaporator.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply