Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rtjj7855  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:06:32 PM(UTC)
rtjj7855

Groups: Registered

I purches this fridge used, and it seemded not to be runing for a good period of time. I have had it running for about 24 hours. All systems are operational except the dreaded ice maker. The water despinser works fine, but it hasnt made a single ice cube. there are like five vavles hanging down in the ice maker that apear to be frosted or frozen. Please Help!!
Thanks,
Ryan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 9:41:19 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups: Guests

Hello. The things hanging that are frosted is actually the part of the evaporator that hangs into the ice mold and the cubes form on them. These units were a problem for Electrolux and as I understand it, the design has been discontinued. The design was such an issue, they had to come up with a kit to correct its' operation. It was called an "Ice Maker Upgrade Kit". This in no way affected the cooling of the unit. Only the ice maker. I'm sure that if you contact Electrolux, they can tell you the part number of their upgrade kit and whether it was sent out for installation on your serial number. Hope this helps!
fixers212  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 11:33:21 PM(UTC)
fixers212

My Electrolux is doing the same thing but a little different. I have been repairing appliances for 28 years and never saw anything like this. I'd like to know what kit they have to repair this Ice maker. It's a real mess, I can tell ya that.

If anyone happens to know the kit no. I would appreciate you getting back to me.

Thanks

Bob H

Freedom Appliance...Pa
Jerry / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 4:23:59 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups: Guests

Hello Fixers212,
This is a situation created by the manufacturer and the kit I mentioned in my earlier post was put out by the manufacturer and was only issued to the customers who complained, not to every unit manufactured. Unfortunately, the manufacturer will have to be contacted with the full model and serial numbers of the unit to see if the icemaker kit has ever been installed. If it has, another will not be sent out. If it hasn't, since it has been a while since the design has been discontinued, I'm unsure if the kit will be sent out for your unit or not. They tend to discontinue kits after a period of time since they are not required to have them available after a certain period of time. I'm sorry to respond in this manner but as I said, we can only advise how the manufacturer responds and since we are not the manufacturer, we do not have the list of the specialty kits and the only way to get these kits are directly from the manufacturer.
fixers212  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 8:14:03 PM(UTC)
fixers212

Thanks Jerry

I will make an attempt to contact Frigidaire

BOB
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply